Do dry scalp, dandruff, and skin issues give you the he-be-jeebies? Here are 10 scary truths about hair and skincare.
1. Some people are just born with great skin and have to do very little to maintain it in a reasonable state. So, keep that in mind as you read tips from your favorite influencers. It all just depends on the person's individual situation & they should explain that to you without just giving quick snippets about what single product will give you perfect skin.
2. Self-care is necessary for keeping skin healthy and clear over time. So, do it regularly and correctly.
3. Skipping sunscreen is a big mistake! Wear a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher, on a daily basis. I recommend mineral sunscreens for their safety, so find one that leaves a normal finish on all skin types to avoid that ghostly white cast - yikes! Feel free to DM us for my favorites.
4. Retinoids are amazing molecules that help with cell turnover and create a radiant glow while also helping to minimize acne and dark marks. Unfortunately, potential side effects include dryness and irritation, so make sure to go slowly by using a thin film, starting every other night, and applying evenly over the face and neck with moisturizer first.
5. There's always a price to pay for "taking a break" from your hair and scalp care. Don't let the price be too high!
6. Hair and scalp care should be done at least weekly for best results, depending on your hair type, especially if you have scalp dryness, dandruff, or irritation.
7. Sadly, all protective styles are not protective. Always make sure that your hair is in good shape as the style is installed, or you may experience worsening of hair or scalp issues when you take down your hair.
8. Any protective style should be taken down as gently as they are applied. Don't rush it or you may experience hair breakage or loss from the root.
9. Hair growth and fullness is genetically determined, but the overall health of our hair is impacted by how well we treat ourselves in general, so take care!
10. Periodic increases in shedding are natural at times (after pregnancy, with seasonal changes, etc), but if it results in prolonged hair thinning seek help from a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in hair loss.
At LivSo, we can turn a “spooky scalp“ 🎃 into a moisturized, flourishing head of hair with our Moisturizing Pack which includes shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Visit our website to shop now and don't forget to share your experience with us by following us on Instagram and Facebook!