Written on: Oct 28, 2020 By: Shari Hicks-Graham
Do dry scalp, dandruff, and skin issues give you the he-be-jeebies? Here are 10 scary truths about hair and skincare.
1. Some people are just born with great skin and have to do very little to maintain it in a reasonable state. So, keep that in mind as you read tips from your favorite influencers. It all just depends on the person's individual situation & they should explain that to you without just giving quick snippets about what single product will give you perfect skin.
2. Self-care is necessary for keeping skin healthy and clear over time. So, do it regularly and correctly.
3. Skipping sunscreen is a big mistake! Wear a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher, on a daily basis. I recommend mineral sunscreens for their safety, so find one that leaves a normal finish on all skin types to avoid that ghostly white cast - yikes! Feel free to DM us for my favorites.
4. Retinoids are amazing molecules that help with cell turnover and create a radiant glow while also helping to minimize acne and dark marks. Unfortunately, potential side effects include dryness and irritation, so make sure to go slowly by using a thin film, starting every other night, and applying evenly over the face and neck with moisturizer first.
5. There's always a price to pay for "taking a break" from your hair and scalp care. Don't let the price be too high!
6. Hair and scalp care should be done at least weekly for best results, depending on your hair type, especially if you have scalp dryness, dandruff, or irritation.
7. Sadly, all protective styles are not protective. Always make sure that your hair is in good shape as the style is installed, or you may experience worsening of hair or scalp issues when you take down your hair.
8. Any protective style should be taken down as gently as they are applied. Don't rush it or you may experience hair breakage or loss from the root.
9. Hair growth and fullness is genetically determined, but the overall health of our hair is impacted by how well we treat ourselves in general, so take care!
10. Periodic increases in shedding are natural at times (after pregnancy, with seasonal changes, etc), but if it results in prolonged hair thinning seek help from a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in hair loss.
At LivSo, we can turn a “spooky scalp“ 🎃 into a moisturized, flourishing head of hair with our Moisturizing Pack which includes shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Visit our website to shop now and don't forget to share your experience with us by following us on Instagram and Facebook!
Of course, all of our products are carried here at livso.com. Alternatively, you can also purchase our products at the following retailers, salons, and barbershops. Check back frequently as our stocklist continues to grow.
Ambushed Salon - Gahanna, Ohio
Adrian Fanus Grooming - Brooklyn, New York
DTLA Cuts - Los Angeles, California
Downtown Dermatology - Columbus, Ohio
Ms. Melanin Beauty Supply & Salon - Canal Winchester, Ohio
Panache Hair Designs - Oak Park, Illinois
Skin Specialty Dermatology - New York, New York
Skin Wellness Center of Alabama - Homewood, Alabama
Willis Beauty Supply Co - Columbus, Ohio
W Style Lounge - Columbus, Ohio
If you are a professional stylist, barber, or retailer and would like to carry our LivSo products please email email@example.com
Yes! We offer samples for $2 each on our website. Each sample includes a 0.33 oz package of each of our three products. There is no limit to the number of samples you can purchase. You may require more than one sample depending on the length and thickness of your hair and how many times you would like to use each product. Samples are a great way to introduce friends and family to the product line as well!
We fulfill orders within 48 hours and once an order is shipped, shipping time is typically 2-3 business days.
Moisturizing Shampoo - Apply to wet scalp and hair, lather and rinse. Repeat once or twice as needed. Our gentle, sulfate-free formula is intended to effectively cleanse without overdrying your hair and skin. Massaging the scalp while applying is also recommended to improve circulation throughout the scalp. Use at least weekly for best results. Be careful to avoid direct contact with eyes. View a quick tutorial video here.
Moisturizing Conditioner - Apply to scalp and hair for at least three minutes, detangle or comb gently using a wide-toothed comb, then rinse out completely. Be careful to avoid direct contact with eyes. View quick tutorial video here.
Moisturizing Lotion - Apply to scalp after washing and conditioning, before drying & styling hair. May also apply to scalp daily as a moisturizer. This product also works well on the hair itself for extra moisturization to improve manageability. View a quick tutorial video here.
The products are designed to be used at least once per week but may be used as often as three times per week depending on your hair and scalp condition and moisturizing needs.
Yes! The Moisturizing Lotion is a versatile product. Although it is formulated to be a light moisturizer applied directly to the scalp to alleviate dryness and itchiness, many use it directly on the hair for additional hydration from the roots to the tips. Men also find it useful to moisturize their beards without leaving their hair with an oily finish or strong fragrance.
Yes. Although we did not do a unique test for color safety, we are familiar with all of our ingredients and have yet to receive feedback relating to issues with use on color treated hair.
Our independent clinical trial consisted of only adult participants. Please be advised that our products do not have a tear-free formula and they were not studied for use on children. Be careful to avoid direct contact with the eyes.
LivSo was designed for people with dry itchy scalp and curly or textured hair, regardless of ethnicity or gender. If you have a textured hair type that dries out easily with typical dandruff shampoos or sulfate products, this product is for you. Curly or textured hair, by nature, requires more moisture to prevent breakage, splitting and ensure its luster. The cuticle of curly and textured hair tends to be more ruffled as opposed to flat, which prevents oil from the scalp from wicking from the root to the tip of the hair causing it to look and feel drier.
Beyond those who have dry, itchy scalp, if you have dry curly hair, our products were expertly crafted to promote scalp health and meet your hair cleansing and moisturizing needs.
To our friends with straight hair and dry, itchy scalp, LivSo products are formulated to meet your needs as well. Our line of products may feel more moisturizing than alternative products without a focus on hydration, but they will still work to alleviate dry itchy scalp.
Creating products that are safe and gentle for your skin and hair without compromising efficacy is our highest priority. We include numerous natural ingredients in all of our products but we do not focus on being all-natural because natural elements and therefore natural products may not necessarily be safe and gentle. Our products are gluten-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and are not derived from animals in any way.
Acetyl alcohol will not dry out your hair, in fact, it does just the opposite. Acetyl alcohol is a conditioning agent and a fatty alcohol, which actually has a moisturizing effect on the hair and skin as opposed to isopropyl alcohol, which is your common rubbing alcohol.
Glycolic acid is a valuable and effective ingredient included in our Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and can increase photosensitivity on the skin. As such, we want to ensure that those with sun sensitivity are aware of its presence. We believe sunburn risk from using these products is still fairly low because the hair on the scalp protects the scalp from being exposed to direct sunlight. If you are wearing a protective style where parts of your scalp is exposed or if have a very short haircut, we advise that you apply sunscreen on any exposed areas.
Roughly two years.
We have plans to ship products to select countries in 2018. Please sign up for our newsletter to be notified when we begin shipping internationally.
LivSo, LLC500 East Main StreetSuite 310Columbus, Ohio 43215